Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The chill remains!

Hello! I have missed a few days posting. I missed an amazing weather day, Easter. I say amazing due to the chilly air all day and yes passing flurries. Some areas around the state had a dusting from some of the snow showers!
Temperatures today (Tuesday) turned out below average again! Highs ranged between 43 and about 50 degrees. A Southeast wind will keep the shore chilly tomorrow. Inland areas may approach 50 before clouds move in and block out the sun.
Weather data has taken a turn for the warmer. The 850mb temp panels are much warmer when this system rolls over Connecticut late Wednesday Night and Thursday.

Thicknesses have increased big-time. I am still concerned about being under divergent left quadrant of polar jet and strong uvv's.
Could this dynamice cooling work for snow growth? That is the big question. I am buying into the warmer trend at this point. It is also important to note Long Island Sound Water temperatures are still only in the upper 30s to around 40. Not much of a warming source!
I think this is a very low confidence forecast. I am interested to see if 18Z data trends mild as well.

No comments: